My Biography Biography
My Story Story
Memberships & Affiliations Memberships
Honors & Recognitions Awards
1983 – University of Missouri, Kansas City, J.D.
1980 – Southwest Missouri State University, B.A.
Jim Frickleton has known since he was young that he wanted to be an attorney – specifically a trial lawyer. He loves the challenges his profession presents each day, and is known as one who can quickly see the big picture and expedite the process to find a solution.
Jim also knows there is always more than one side to each case. Clients look to him as an attorney who is able to understand both sides of the courtroom. “It’s important to put together a resolution that works for everyone. I find ways to lead the opposition toward solutions that are beneficial to my clients without burning bridges, but knowing that if a case must be tried, we will do anything within the bounds of the law to win.”
During the most challenging and difficult times, clients know they can depend on Jim, who has gained a reputation as an expert in complex civil litigation. When he can help clients win recompense and make huge differences in their lives, he feels accomplished.
“The catastrophically injured clients are going to need money to help themselves, and if you can get them enough to change their lives for the better after what they’ve been through, that’s impactful.”
Jim Frickleton moved around the country and the world as the child of an Air Force aviator.
He was in Kansas City after graduating high school, and decided to make the city his home. He took the traditional route to achieving his dream of becoming an attorney, heading straight to law school after college.
He’s most proud of his three grown children, and works alongside one of his children (Kelly) and his wife (Julie) at Bartimus Frickleton Robertson Rader. Above all else he values integrity, honesty and hard work, and Jim is gratified when he can help problem solve for clients going through horrific experiences.
“One thing that is true for our clients: They would give anything to not be in our office. Our goal is to solve their problems and help them find resolution.”
Jim enjoys golfing in his spare time and volunteering through the firm’s various philanthropic initiatives. “I do believe that when you are fortunate enough to have success, it’s important to give back and pay it forward, and do what you can for your neighbors and community.”
Memberships & Affiliations
- Missouri Supreme Court
- State of Kansas – All Jurisdictions
- State of Missouri – All Jurisdictions
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Federal District Court – Kansas
- United States Federal District Court – Western District of Missouri
- American Association for Justice
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- International Society of Barristers
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Western Missouri Chapter, Past President
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Past President
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation, Past President
- University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Foundation, Past President
- Martindale-Hubbell, 25+ years AV Preeminent Rating
- Advocates for Children’s Mercy Hospital, Board Member
- ALS Association, Keith Worthington Chapter, Board Member
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri, Board Member
Honors & Recognitions
- Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award, 1995
- Best Lawyers in America
- Best of the Bar, 2004-present
- Super Lawyers, 2005-present