My Biography Biography
My Story Story
Memberships & Affiliations Memberships
Honors & Recognitions Awards
2009 – University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D.
2006 – University of Kansas, B.A.
For Mike Meyer, no day at work is ever the same, and he wouldn’t have it any other way. On any given day, Mike could be taking depositions, preparing for trial, discussing human anatomy with a physician or meeting with an accident reconstruction expert. “I was drawn to the legal profession,” he says, “because it provides an opportunity to be constantly learning, which I really enjoy.”
For someone who wanted to be an attorney from an early age, working to achieve justice for clients is enormously satisfying. “I feel fortunate to be in a position to help people every day. People come to us in times of great uncertainty. They put their trust in us. That trust is not something I take lightly.”
Mike enjoys the challenges of complex litigation and brings a unique perspective to his work as a plaintiff’s attorney, having previously worked for a defense firm for several years. “I learned how defense attorneys analyze and litigate cases,” says Mike. “I frequently draw on this invaluable experience while representing my clients.”
Known among his colleagues for attacking complex issues, thinking outside the box, and being extremely proactive, Mike is always asking himself, “What are we going to do today to move this case forward?”
He appreciates that each client brings a unique story and set of circumstances and finds it rewarding to be able to help individuals from all walks of life. “I want to help people, whether they have suffered from medical negligence, car wreck, defective product, or some other wrongful injury,” Mike says. “I take a lot of pride in being able to help restore some balance to the lives of our clients and their families.”
Mike Meyer understood at an early age that there is no substitute for hard work.
He applies this work ethic to tirelessly fight for his clients every day.
Raised in Connecticut, California and then Kansas, Mike was exposed to people from vastly different lifestyles and ways of thinking, which reinforced what his parents often told him growing up: Everyone has a unique story.
Mike was also raised with the belief that giving back is an important part of life. He adheres to the Muhammad Ali quote, “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.”
Mike is a board member of Variety Children’s Charity of Greater Kansas City, which provides adaptive equipment and support to children with developmental disabilities. He is also on the board for the Kansas City Volunteer Lawyers & Accountants for the Arts, the local chapter of a national organization dedicated to providing pro bono legal and accounting services to artists and arts organizations.
Mike is happily married to his wife, Katie. When Mike is not working, he loves live music, Kansas City sports, cooking, and chasing around their two dogs. What is he most proud of? Being in a position to help make a positive impact on people’s lives every day.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State of Missouri – All Jurisdictions
- State of Kansas – All Jurisdictions
- United States District Court for Kansas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Variety Children’s Charity of Greater Kansas City
Board of Directors, 2018-present
- Kansas City Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
Board of Directors, 2014-present
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Man and Woman of the Year Participant, 2017
- Red Cross Young Professional Committee
Co-Founder and Co-Chair, 2012-2014
- Thanksgiving Day Meals on Wheels through local church
Honors & Recognitions
- KCMBA, Thomas J. Conway Award, 2021 – The Thomas J. Conway Award recognizes a young trial lawyer with outstanding trial skills and the ability to be a fierce advocate, while simultaneously a good friend to opposing counsel. The award is given out annually by the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
- Ingram’s, 40 Under 40 Award, 2021 – Each year Ingram’s recognizes forty individuals under the age of forty who are making a fundamental difference in the quality of life in the greater Kansas City area. Among the hundreds of nominations received annually, Ingram’s picks a select group of individuals who demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, achievement in business, ethics, integrity, and community service.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40